The Word on Fire

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Welcome!

Greetings, reader!  Seeing as you've come across this blog, I suppose the least I owe you is an explanation of how we both got to this point.  Along the way, I might even begin to understand what it is I'm attempting here.  So far as I can tell, our story begins several months ago, in the middle of the summer, when the idea of starting some sort of blog first struck me-- not so very forcefully, as you can tell, or I might have actually acted on it then.  As it happens it took the promptings of good advice-- of the sort no sane man would ever fail to heed-- to bring the idea to the forefront of my mind once again, a little more forcefully this time.  And since, on this occasion at least, I numbered among the sane, it did not take much longer for this webpage to appear.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help us very much with the matter of this blog's purpose, something I suppose I'd better make at least relatively clear if I hope to keep your eyes on this page for long.  For that, the blog description up above will be of some help to us: in the main, this blog is simply the collected (organized is another matter entirely) thoughts of a Roman Catholic presently embroiled in his undergraduate education.  To explain the reasoning behind such a task I defer to the Holy Father's Introduction to Christianity, which describes an insight that has become all the more readily apparent to me over time: that within the Church as much as without, our time this side of death is meant to be a lifelong conversion, a task that must be taken up anew each morning and in each of our acts and decisions.

You could then say, I suppose, that this blog is meant to outline one instance of that "lifelong conversion," in the hope of bettering its day to day outcome; and to invite you, for so long as you please, to share the journey along with your own thoughts and observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment